We need to educate Ohioans about the real impact of the Ohio Workforce Protection and Illegal Alien Enforcement Act. If enacted the Act will
- Use tax dollars to create and fund a state office to enforce federal immigration laws
- Force state and local agencies to find tax dollars to train their employees to be able to determine immigration status
- Use tax dollars to train local, county and state police to enforce federal immigration laws
- Make employers legally and financially responsible for enforcing federal immigration laws
- Even though they have complied with federal law, ban companies found to be employing undocumented immigrants from working on state projects for two years
- Subject Ohio minority citizens and legal immigrants to racial profiling
Business owners, tax payers, churches, social service agencies, immigrants, and persons impacted by this proposed legislation need to voice their objection to this costly proposal.
· To higher taxes to create more state bureaucracy
· To unfunded mandates for local, county and state agencies
· To making Ohioan criminals for providing humanitarian assistance
· To discouraging businesses from doing business in Ohio
JUST SAY NO
MAIL THIS NOTE TO:
Senate President Bill Harris
House Speaker John Husted
Honorable Bill Harris
Columbus, OH 43215
Honorable Jon Husted
Ohio House of Representatives
77 South High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-6111
I oppose the "Ohio Workforce Protection and Illegal Alien Enforcement Act." This proposal is bad for Ohio's economy. Let's focus on fixing our schools, creating jobs; not on legislation that increases taxes and hurt our economy. I urge you to not support this type of legislation.
Forward this email to everybody on your email list. Copy the attached flyer and distribute it to your employer, neighbor, clergy and friends. Together we can make a difference.
Paid for by Citizens for Responsible Legislation
Help oppose this costly legislation.