Committed to Collaborative Community-Based Solutions
Job Title: Executive Director
Hours: Full time, Salaried
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience and will range from $67k - $73k.
Reports To: Executive Board of Directors
Titles Reporting to Job: Supervises all staff
Job Summary: The Executive Director acts as the Chief Executive Officer and will be the direct Executive representative of the Board of Directors in the leadership, management, and direction of programs and activities of Hispanic Alliance, Inc. The Executive Director will coordinate all standing and ad-hoc Committees and provide support and resources to implement goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Board Administration and Support—Supports operations and administration of the Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff. Works closely with the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Standing Committees to realize the work of the Hispanic Alliance, Inc.; is responsible for overseeing the work of the committees. Provides vision and leadership to the strategic and day-to-day program implementation of the Hispanic Alliance, Inc. The Executive Director presents to the Board, or its authorized committees, periodic reports reflecting the activities of the corporation, and other special reports as needed. Attends meetings of the Board, serves as an ex officio member on its committees and coordinates the preparation of Board meeting materials. The Executive Director is responsible for membership processing and recruitment.
2. Program Planning and Implementation, Development, and Evaluation—Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of programs, products and services of Hispanic Alliance, Inc. The Executive Director prepares reports required by the Board and maintains minutes, agendas and all records for Hispanic Alliance, Inc. Oversees the development and maintenance of Hispanic Alliance’s Policies and Procedures.
3. Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management—Prepares and monitors the annual budget for the organization. Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages the organization’s resources within those budget guidelines; and with staff, finance committee, and the board, sees that the organization operates within budget guidelines. Oversees/ supervises all bookkeeping, accounting, and financial activities of the organization. Is responsible for oversight of investments along with the Chief Financial Officer and financial institution.
4. Human Resource Management—Effectively manages all human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures and current laws and regulations. Recruits, manages, inspires, motivates, and empowers a strong staff team. Completes annual performance evaluations of personnel. Promotes active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work. Establishes policies and procedures for in-service training, work hours and types of service to be performed by staff and volunteers.
5. Fundraising—Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying and researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administering fundraising protocols, records, documentation and reports.
6. Community and Public Relations—Assures that the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented and promoted in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders and the community at large. Collaborates, partners, and leads in effective positive communications within and among all Hispanic Alliance, Inc. structures, programs, and with member organizations. Serves as a public advocate; aware of and involved with citywide and community issues relevant to the mission and work of Hispanic Alliance. Insures that the Board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all factors influencing it. Establishes and maintains sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups, organizations, and stakeholder groups. Is knowledgeable about social media and has the ability to develop a social media presence.
7. Other Duties-- The Executive Director will perform other duties as designated by the Board of Directors.
Job Qualifications, Skill Sets, and Requirements
Job Title: Executive Director
General Requirements: Will demonstrate commitment to the cultural, ethnic, and economic diversity of Hispanic Alliance, Inc., and will assure that the corporation is a “powerful voice on behalf of the Hispanic community.” Will be subject to drug and alcohol screening as well as aptitude and skills’ testing. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
Core Areas of Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge & Skills in:
Management & Leadership
Manages self, manages others, oversees operations of the organization, demonstrates core competencies for leadership, including strategizing and coalition building, manages relationship and work with the Board of Directors.
Board Administration & Support
Supports operations and administration of the board by advising and informing board members and interfacing between the board and staff and the community.
Oversees business planning, strategic planning, forecasting.
Manages Human Resource matters, organizes staff and volunteers, groups and new business.
Possesses leadership abilities including self, groups, volunteers, member organizations, board of directors, community relationships and networks.
Coordinating Activities & Resources
Coordinates finances and budget, employee performance management, program management, policies and procedures, organizational change management, systems thinking.
Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders and sponsors, submitting proposals and administering fundraising records and documentation.
Communications & Public Relations
Assures that the organization and its mission, vision, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive manner to relevant stakeholders; has excellent written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills.
Demonstrates an affinity for working with a culturally, economically, and politically diverse community; multi-cultural sensitivity.
Collaborative Conflict Management
Strong conflict resolution and decision making skills are required.
Management Experience: Significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years in management positions; a minimum of three years is required.
Education/Experience: Doctoral or Master’s Degree
Language Skills: Bilingual/bi-cultural in English and Spanish; must have excellent written and oral communication skills; strong presentation skills.
Computer Literacy: Required.
Grant Writing Skills: Required.
Operating Environment and Working Relationships: Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication with community-based, Hispanic-serving organizations, funders, government offices and programs.
Decision Making Authority: Oversees short and strategic long-range planning for Hispanic Alliance, Inc. as well as day-to-day operations as required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Executive Director to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an Executive Director encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terms of Employment:
1. This is a full-time professional management position requiring forty hours per week, with some flexibility due to evening/weekend commitments.
2. Hispanic Alliance, Inc. Personnel Policies and Procedures take effect on the date of hire.
3. Salary is dependent on education and experience.
4. All Hispanic Alliance, Inc. employees are employed on an “At-Will” basis. Employment at the Hispanic Alliance, Inc. is for an indefinite period of time and is terminable at any time, with or without cause being shown by either the employee or Hispanic Alliance, Inc.
Materials to be sent by deadline by Executive Director Candidates:
· Personal Resume
· Letter of intent addressed to the Executive Committee of Hispanic Alliance
Please send materials electronically to: email@example.com. We will review resumes starting April 26, 2012.