For Immediate Release: Contact: Amanda Wurst
Thursday, November 18, 2010 614 644-0957/614 832-7512
Judicial Panel Accepting Applications to Fill Vacancies on Courts Across Ohio
Columbus, Ohio – The Ohio Judicial Appointments Recommendation Panel (OJARP) is currently accepting applications to fill vacant or soon to be vacant seats on courts across Ohio.
The standard OJARP process has been modified to allow for the consideration and filling of all posted vacancies before the end of Governor Ted Strickland's term on January 9, 2011.
All applicants for any posted vacancy must submit an OJARP questionnaire to be considered for appointment. Applicants may also submit additional materials in support of their application, including, but not limited to, a cover letter, resume, and up to six letters of recommendation. All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM on Monday, December 6, 2010.
The OJARP questionnaire and application may be downloaded at: http://www.governor.ohio.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=yoPLJzEECRk%3d&tabid=1813
All applications will be reviewed by working groups of the statewide panel of OJARP members. The statewide OJARP members will make non-binding recommendations to the governor.
The following seats are either currently vacant or will be vacant before January 9, 2011.
- The Clermont Municipal Court will have a vacant seat on January 1, 2011 as Judge Thomas R. Herman was elected to the Clermont County Common Pleas Court on November 2, 2010.
- The Cleveland Municipal Court will have a vacant seat on January 3, 2011 as Judge Kathleen Ann Keough was elected to the 8th District Court of Appeals on November 2, 2010.
- The Darke County Juvenile Court will have a vacant seat on December 31, 2010 as Judge Michael D. McClurg has recently submitted his resignation from the bench.
- The Franklin County Municipal Court will have a vacant seat on January 2, 2011 as Judge Julia Lillian Dorrian was elected to the 10th District Court of Appeals on November 2, 2010.
- The Lucas County Common Pleas Court will have a vacant seat on December 17, 2010 as Judge Charles J. Doneghy recently submitted his resignation from the bench.
- The Dayton Municipal Court currently has a vacant seat as Judge Dennis Greaney passed away on September 29, 2010.
- The Paulding County Court will have a vacant seat on January 1, 2010 as Judge Tiffany Beckman was elected to the Paulding County Common Pleas Court on November 2, 2010.
- The Putnam County Probate and Juvenile Court will have a vacant seat on December 31, 2010 as Judge Daniel Gershutz has submitted his intent to resign from the bench on that date.
- The Sidney Municipal Court currently has a vacant seat due to Judge Donald G. Luce’s resignation on October 31, 2010.